As the page turns to the next chapter of my life, I find myself at the beginning of an unknown path. I know that in following this path, I'm trusting that there is a purpose and a plan. And I wouldn't mind some company along the journey. Pack light, we have much land to cover...

Monday, January 10, 2011

Blog me some peanuts and cracker jacks...

While searching for a true hobby of my own, I’m borrowing a friend’s for the time being. Oh the things I am learning about Major League Baseball. I’m surprised at how much I am enjoying this.

B - Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap while playing.
A – (The) American League was formed in 1901. There were 8
original teams. I now have them memorized.
S – St. Louis Browns became the Baltimore Orioles in 1950.
E – Each base is 90 feet away from the other.
B – Baseball umpires were seated in padded chairs behind home plate prior to 1859.
A – A’s, The Oakland A’s have a White Elephant as their mascot.
L – Lifespan of an average baseball is eight days. A baseball is used only once in one MLB game.
L- Love for the game, this is still an American passion!


"One of the beautiful things about baseball is that every once in a while you come into a situation where you want to, and where you have to, reach down and prove something."
-Nolan Ryan, Hall of Fame Pitcher

No comments:

Post a Comment